For most women, big breasts are the real deal. It boosts their confidence, and makes them look very attractive in a dress. However, it can be discomforting for some women.
This is because large breasts have health implications. They cause discomforting back and shoulder pain, as well as difficulty breathing.
In addition, it can even prevent you from working out, which, in turn, leads to excessive weight gain.
So, it’s okay if you want to reduce your breast size. It doesn’t make you any less of a woman. In fact, it helps you live a healthier life which is the ultimate goal.
This article shows you the most effective exercises to reduce your breast size, as well as other options you can try.
But first, understanding the cause gives you a better understanding of how to treat it.
What causes big breasts?
Breasts development are a vital part of a woman’s growth. While some may develop big breasts, other develop small ones.
More so, some women consider big breasts as a large asset, while some find it rather discomforting due to the back and neck pain it brings.
The breasts are made up of the adipose and glandular tissue. The adipose tissue is the fatty tissue that fills the breast, while the glandular tissue is responsible for milk production.
Hormonal changes in the body can cause these tissues to expand, and the breasts to increase in size over time.
Other factors that can cause big breasts include;
- Changes in Hormones
- Pregnancy and Breast Feeding
- Body type
- Breast lump
All these factors can lead to you having big breasts. However, it’s possible to reduce your breast size. Most especially if it is as a result of excessive weight gain.
Effective Exercises to Reduce Breast Size
To reduce the discomfort and pain that sometimes are as a result of big breasts, some women go for breast reduction surgery.
However, if that is not a viable option for you, you can opt for workout routines to help you reduce your breast size.
Below are effective exercises to help you reduce your breast size.
#1. Upright rows
Beginning this list of exercises to reduce breast size naturally is the upright row workout routine.
To perform upright rows, you’d have to stand straight with your feet apart. It sounds easy, but can be pretty challenging.
Also, you have to be careful when performing the upright row exercise so as not to injure your shoulder or arm.
Here’s how to do upright rows.
- Raise your hand place it straight in front of your thighs. This will allow some pressure to both your hands and shoulders.
- Pull your hand up with the weight you are holding and then follow your body figure accordingly.
- Your elbows should always be higher up than your hands when you are doing this exercise.
#2. Wall push-ups
The only equipment you’d need for this exercise is a wall. This means that you don’t have to go to the gym, you can do it anywhere, anytime.
Wall push-ups, from the name is just like the regular push-ups. However, the only difference is that you’d push a wall this time, not a floor.
To perform a wall push-up,
- Stand two feet away from the wall while facing it.
- Place your palms on the wall, make sure your fingers are pointing upwards.
- Now bend your elbows and lean your chest forward to the wall as far as you can go without arching your back.
- Hold the position for five seconds and return to your initial standing position.
Push-ups is one of the most common exercises to reduce breast size. They not only reduce your breast size, but tone other parts of your body too.
If done properly and consistently, can help you reduce breast cup size, deepen your curves, reduce breast fat, and give them an attractive look.
To perform regular push-ups,
- Begin by lying down on the floor on your stomach.
- Lift your body using your hands.
- Ensure there is a 90-degree angle between your hands and shoulders.
- Your whole body should be in one line while lifting the whole weight up and then down.
- Move up and then back to initial position.
- Repeat till you are tired.
- You can do a set of push-ups every day according to your body strength.
#4. Anterior front raises
Anterior front raises are ideal for those who want to reduce their breast size. This exercise causes you to move your hands up and down in isolation, thereby strengthening your shoulder muscles and toning your breasts.
The only equipment required for this routine is a dumbbell or weights to be held in both hands.
Here’s how to perform the anterior front raises.
- Stand straight with the dumbbells in your hands.
- Raise your hands up, at the same height with your your shoulders. Your arm should be parallel to the ground.
- Repeat for as long as you can.
This exercise is pretty easy and can be performed as much times as possible.
RELATED ARTICLE:Top 10 Ways On How To Do Chin Ups
#5. Side raises
If you want to reduce your breast size, don’t forget to add side raises to your workout routine.
Using a dumbbell makes this exercise more effective in reducing your breast size, as well as arm size.
Here’s how to perform side raises
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart, your hands on your sides, and your elbows straight.
- Raise your arms to the side (spreading them like wings) with the dumbbell in your hands.
- Repeat for as long as you can and take a 10-second rest in between
#6. Leg raises
The leg raises do much more than reduce your breast size. They tone your thighs, abdominal muscles and controls your breast sag.
The best part is, you don’t have to go to the gym. You can perform leg raises anywhere and anytime.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Lie flat on the floor and place your arm to your side.
- Raise your legs from the floor, keeping your knees straight.
- Keep your buttocks on the floor and hold your breath for a few seconds. Then exhale and lower your legs to the floor.
- Repeat this workout for five to ten times.
#7. Chest Press
Chest press is a good exercise that works the arms, chest, and shoulders, ensuring that you have a well toned upper body posture.
The equipment used to carry out this exercise is a dumbbell and a bench.
Here’s how to perform the chest press exercise.
- Grab two dumbbells with both your hands and lie on your back on a flat bench.
- Ensure your feet are firmly placed on the floor.
- Also ensure that your shoulder, head, butt, and feet make contact with the bench and floor throughout this workout.
- Grab each dumbbell with a closed grip. Ensure your palms are facing forward with your thumbs wrapped tight around the handle.
- Bring the dumbbells just below or level with your eyes with your elbows fully extended.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells towards your mid-chest as you inhale.
- Touch the dumbbells to your chest without bouncing and maintaining your neutral wrist position.
- Then gently push the dumbbells upwards with your elbows fully stretched up.
- Continue with the movement until you get exhausted.
#8. Shoulder Shrugs
Another exercise that can help to reduce breast size is the shoulder shrug exercise.
The shoulder shrug exercise targets your upper trapezius muscle,and helps to get your breasts in shape.
This is not the regular shoulder shrug you use to show disapproval to someone.
In fact, this is an exercise routine that can be performed with or without dumbbells.
Here’s how to perform shoulder shrugs.
- Stand straight and keep your hands straight in the alignment of your body.
- Shrug your shoulder in the upward and loose motion only.
- Make sure your shoulders are straight as they almost touch your earlobe.
- You do not need to roll your shoulders forward or backward with this.
- Repeat movement for as long as you can.
RELATED ARTICLE: 20 Best and Effective Yoga DVDs in 2021
#9. Dumbbell Back Pullover
The dumbbell back pullover is effective in reducing breast size, and makeing it tight and firm.
Not only does it target the breast area, it targets your chest muscles, and triceps, and strengthens them.
You’d need dumbbells and a bench to successfully perform this exercise.
Here’s how to do it perfectly.
- Begin by laying straight on a bench and lifting the dumbbells.
- Use your both hands to lift the dumbbells above your head.
- Slowly lower it up to the neckline of your head in a straight alignment.
- Lift up again above your head.
- Repeat movement for about 8 times.
Alternatively, you can perform this exercise while standing.
#10. Do cardio
Rounding up my list of best exercises to reduce breast size is doing cardio. It’s importance cannot be overemphasized, as it increases your heart rate, which in turn leads to burning more fat.
Cardio increases your efforts by increasing the rate at which excessive fat burns in your body.
Additionally, you become energetic, fit, and active. Plus it boosts your immune system too.
Activities like jogging, swimming, walking, biking, can serve as cardio exercises. Make sure to incorporate them into your routine.
Reducing Breast size after pregnancy
Pregnancy is one of the leading causes of big breasts. This is because of the increased amount of milk production while breast feeding.
The increase in size becomes very obvious during the first few weeks after child birth.
Along with increased milk production is the fluctuation of hormones which leads to excessive weight gain. Some of the fat gets deposited in the breast tissue.
As they begin to lose weight, some women notice that their breasts begin to reduce. While for some, their breast remains like that even after losing the pregnancy weight.
Regardless, you can try the exercises mentioned above to reduce your breast size. And if you have any concerns, talk to your doctor.
Large breasts can be a source of inconvenience to women, hence they seek for possible ways to reduce their breast size.
While eating a proper diet and exercising can significantly reduce your breast size, wearing specific bras and binders can make them look small.
More so, if you notice that these methods are not working, you may want to consider speaking to your doctor about a breast reduction surgery.
All the best!